What Do I Do With…?

Red and Green Christmas Tree LightsChristmas and Holiday Lights
Working lights can be donated to Goodwill or Salvation Army. Broken/dead strands can be taken to Alpha Ridge Landfill and recycled with electronics (DO NOT put in your curbside recycling). Or, send them to Christmas Light Source http://www.christmas-light-source.com/Christmas-Lights-Recycling-Program_c_210.html and receive a coupon for new lights.

What’s the easiest option?
Alkaline batteries can be disposed of in your regular trash. Rechargeable batteries can be recycled through retail take-back programs at places such as Home Depot, IKEA, Lowes, My Organic Market and Staples. They can also be taken to an HHW day at Alpha Ridge Landfill on Saturday (April-November). Visit www.rbrc.org (Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation) for details and additional locations.

CFL Bulbs and Fluorescent Tubes
Please put incandescent bulbs in your household trash and refer to the CFL recycling page for proper disposal of other bulbs and tubes.

Light Bulbs
Burnt-out incandescent light bulbs can be disposed in the trash. Have CFLs? Please take these bulbs to a customer take-back program at Home Depot, Lowes, My Organic Market (MOMs), Ikea or to an Alpha Ridge Landfill HHW day on Saturdays (April-November).
Source: http://www.howardcountymd.gov/merrymulch.htm

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply