Summer is here, the kids are out of school, and now is a perfect time to remind your children about safety around strangers. Police are encouraging parents to remind children of the following safety tips:
• It’s okay to say no to an adult if you feel uncomfortable or don’t know the adult, even if it seems rude.
• Never get into anyone’s car without a parent’s permission.
• Never take candy or gifts from a stranger.
• Don’t agree to help a grownup you don’t know; adults should not ask kids to do things that other adults can do for them.
• Walk or run in the opposite direction if a car pulls up beside you and you don’t know the driver.
• Yell for help if you are forced into a car or building.
• Remember that no one has the right to touch you if you don’t want them to.
This information was provided by the Howard County Police Department.
https://www.villageofriverhill.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/SiteHeaderx807.png 0 0 SandAdmin https://www.villageofriverhill.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/SiteHeaderx807.png SandAdmin2015-07-07 14:02:112015-07-07 14:02:11Summer Safety Reminders for Children