Two robberies occurred in the village during the month of January. This is extremely unusual for our community and the police are taking the incidents seriously. Area patrols have been increased in the community and a detective has been assigned to the January 8 case. Both incidents occurred after dark. A weapon was displayed in the January 8 incident and on January 22 the victim was injured. Therefore, residents are advised to be aware of their surroundings and to report suspicious activity. If you have information that may be helpful regarding these incidents, please call the Police Department’s non-emergency number: 410-313-2200.
How Can You Help?
Report All Suspicious Activity and People – Call the police immediately by dialing 911. Do not worry about being embarrassed if your suspicions prove to be unfounded. It is better to think of what could have happened if you didn’t act on your suspicions.
Once you call 911 the Communications Operator will ask you a series of questions.
- Is this an emergency?
- What is the nature of the emergency?
- What is your location (the operator will always ask for your location)?
- Depending on the emergency, the operator may keep you on the line while at the same time sending out a police car.
- Can you provide a description of the suspect, victim, vehicle, and direction of travel?
Information that is useful:
- Person(s) – race, sex, age, height, build, weight, hair (color, cut), eye color, speech, complexion, clothing, glasses, visible marks or scars, and direction of travel.
- Vehicle(s) – year, make, model, color, license number, body style (e.g., 2-door, 4-door), identifying marks (e.g., body damage, bumper stickers) and direction of travel.
Participate in the Neighborhood Watch Program –
The Village of River Hill has an active Neighborhood Watch Program and it is our goal to have a Block Captain on every street. The next Block Captain Training Session will be held on March 12 at 7 p.m. If your street is not already participating, find out how to become a Block Captain by contacting the Village Manager at 410-531- 1749 or email@example.com.