River Hill Board of Directors Meeting
June 21, 2010
Todd Harrison, Board Chair, called a regularly scheduled meeting of the River Hill Village Board to order at 7:02 p.m., on June 21, 2010, at Claret Hall, 6020 Daybreak Circle, Clarksville, MD 21029. Members present were Tony Miceli, and Frank Saletel. Trevor Greene arrived shortly thereafter and Asmi Panigrahi arrived at 7:30 p.m. Michael Cornell, Council Representative, and Susan Smith, Village Manager, were present.
Approval of the Agenda (Agenda 2):
Mr. Saletel made a motion to approve the agenda. Mr. Miceli seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously (3-0-0).
Resident Speak out (Agenda 3):
Old Business (Agenda 4):
- CA Tot Lot Elimination Program – Mr. Saletel made a motion to select CA Tot Lot RH9 (Mellow Wine Way) as the Association’s candidate for elimination based on the data received to date. Mr. Greene Seconded the motion. The motion passed (4-0-0).
New Business (Agenda 5):
- Facility Use Report – Ms. Smith reviewed the FY11 Facility Use Report. Mr. Greene made a motion to approve the Facility Use Report as presented. Mr. Saletel seconded the motion. The motion passed (4-0-0).
- FY10 4th Quarter Financial Reports – Ms. Smith reviewed the financial statements and accompanying variance analysis. Mr. Greene made a motion to approve the 4th Quarter Statements and Variance Analysis with a change to the variance to include clarification of the donation variance. Mr. Saletel seconded the motion. The motion passed (4-0-0).
- Lease Rates – Ms. Smith reviewed staff recommendations for lease rates for the Middle Patuxent Nursery School and two congregations (copy on file with Minutes). Mr. Saletel made a motion to negotiate with the MPNS to enter into a 1-year lease agreement at the recommended rates. Mr. Miceli seconded the motion. The motion passed (4-0-0). Mr. Saletel made a motion to negotiate with the River of Life Church to enter into a 1-year lease agreement at the recommended rates. Ms. Panigrahi seconded the motion. The motion passed (5-0-0). Mr. Saletel made a motion to negotiate with the Unity Church to enter into a 1-year lease agreement at the recommended rates. Mr. Miceli seconded the motion. The motion passed (5-0-0).
Reports (Agenda 6):
- Village Manager – A copy of the report is on file with the minutes. Ms. Smith reviewed the Newsletter distribution schedule. To coordinate with the distribution of the newsletter, the website will be updated by the first of each month. Newsletter delivery issues were discussed and staff will review the delivery responsibilities with the carriers. It was the consensus of the Board to invite the State Delegation and County Council Member to meet with the Board in December, following the elections. The developer of the Gateway School property will be invited to the August 16 Board Meeting and members of the Master Plan Committee and the Community will be invited to attend. It was the consensus of the Board schedule a presentation on the Robinson Nature Center at an upcoming meeting.
- Board Chair – Mr. Harrison asked that the July 15 Master Plan Committee meeting be re-scheduled to later in the month due to the large number of members who will be unable to attend.
- Council Representative – Mr. Cornell informed the Board that CA had hired a Community Planner and encouraged the Board to invite her to the Gateway School meeting. He reported that CA has begun work on the Symphony Woods project using a $25,000 grant and a $25,000 donation and that the Bell Tower at the Lakefront has been removed for safety reasons. He reported that he is still pursuing with CA the installation of bike lanes on Great Star Drive.
- Liaison Areas – Mr. Greene expressed concern regarding the pool trucks that fill their tankers on Great Star Drive. This is creating a safety concern as vehicles have to cross into oncoming traffic. Ms. Smith will follow-up with the County. Mr. Miceli reported that State law signs should be up shortly and reported on the meeting with Michael Cardany, Kimco. Ms. Panigrahi reported that pool hopping happens between pools and in some cases is related to swim team rivalries.
Administrative Items (Agenda 7):
Mr. Greene made a motion to approve the May 17, 2010 Minutes as amended. Mr. Miceli seconded the motion. The motion passed (3-0-2). Mr. Miceli made a motion to approve the June 7, 2010 minutes as amended. Mr. Saletel seconded the motion. The motion passed (3-0-2).
Board Speak Out (Agenda 8):
Adjournment (Agenda 9):
Mr. Greene made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:45 p.m. Mr. Harrison seconded the motion. The motion passed (5-0-0).
Minutes submitted by: Susan M. Smith, Village Manager
Minutes Approved: As amended July 19, 2010