January 9, 2012 Board Minutes
Tony Miceli, Chair, called the regularly scheduled meeting to order at 7:10 p.m., on January 9, 2012, at Claret Hall, 6020 Daybreak Circle, Clarksville, MD 21029. Members present were Cynthia Asoka, Todd Harrison, and Zachary Marks. Sean Salisbury, Student Member and Susan Smith, Village Manager, were present. Kenny Kan arrived at 7:30 p.m. Dipper Wettstein and Chao Wu, Board Members, and Michael Cornell, Council Representative, were absent. Mr. Salisbury departed the meeting at 8:50 p.m.
Approval of the Agenda (Agenda 2):
Mr. Harrison made a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Ms. Asoka seconded the motion. The motion passed (4-0-0) (Student Advisory Vote – in favor)
Administrative Items (Agenda 3):
Ms. Asoka made a motion to approve the December 5, 2011 minutes with amendments. Mr. Marks seconded the motion. The motion passed (4-0-0) (Student Advisory Vote – in favor)
Resident Speak Out (Agenda 4):
Old Business (Agenda 5):
- Community Association Allocation Formula – Ms. Smith reviewed her comments sent via email to the Board Members (copy included with the original Minutes). Discussion. The Board asked Ms. Smith to identify the 3 – 4 priority items. It was the consensus of the Board to provide feedback via email to Ms. Smith within the next 24 hours.
- CA FY13/14 Budget – Ms. Smith made the Board aware that the Village will need to testify at the January 25, 2012 Budget Hearing. Ms. Smith asked for the Board’s input. Discussion. It was the consensus of the Board to request funding for the Property Standard Evaluator position for FY14. Ms. Smith will provide the Board with copies of the Association’s testimony from prior years.
New Business (Agenda 6):
- FY12 2nd Quarter Financial Reports – Ms. Smith reviewed the 2nd Quarter Financial Reports and Variance Analysis. Discussion. Mr. Kan made a motion to approve the 2nd Quarter Financial Statements and Variance Analysis as presented. The motion passed (5-0-0). Student Advisory Vote – in favor.
- Free Use Request – Mr. Kan made a motion to approve the Free Usage Request for Girl Scout Troop 67 on January 28. Ms. Asoka seconded the motion. The motion passed (5-0-0). Student Advisory Vote – in favor.
Reports (Agenda 7):
- Covenant Advisor – Written only. A copy of the November 2011 Report is on file with the original minutes.
- Village Manager – Ms. Smith made the Board aware of several upcoming meetings. She informed the Board that the Easy Method Driving School has signed a new lease for 2012.
- Board Chairperson – None.
- Council Representative – None.
- Liaisons – Mr. Salisbury reported that the Teen Advisory Committee will be meeting in January to finalize their service project(s). He expressed interest in sharing the information about CA’s Connectivity Study meetings with other Teens. Ms. Smith provided him with a copy of the announcement.
Executive Session (Agenda 8):
At 8:50 p.m. Mr. Kan made a motion to move into Executive Session for the purposes of personnel matters and potential litigation. Ms. Asoka seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously (5-0-0). Mr. Kan made a motion to adjourn the Executive Session at 9:50 p.m. Ms. Asoka seconded the motion. The motion passed (5-0-0).
Board Speak Out (Agenda 9):
Adjournment (Agenda 10):
Mr. Harrison made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 9:51 p.m. Mr. Miceli seconded the motion. The motion passed (5-0-0).
Minutes submitted by: Susan M. Smith, Village Manager
Minutes Approved: January 23, 2012 (as amended)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!