Tony Miceli, Chair, called the regularly scheduled meeting to order at 7:02 p.m., on January 23, 2012, at Claret Hall, 6020 Daybreak Circle, Clarksville, MD 21029. Members present were Cynthia Asoka, Todd Harrison, Zachary Marks, and Dipper Wettstein. Chao Wu arrived at 7:04 p.m. Sean Salisbury, Student Member, Tracy Boulle and Susan Smith, Village Manager, were present. Kenny Kan and Michael Cornell, Council Representative, were absent. Mr. Salisbury departed the meeting at 8:50 p.m.
Approval of the Agenda (Agenda 2):
Mr. Harrison made a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Mr. Wettstein seconded the motion. The motion passed (5-0-0) (Student Advisory Vote – in favor)
Administrative Items (Agenda 3):
Mr. Harrison made a motion to approve the January 9, 2012 minutes with amendments. Mr. Marks seconded the motion. The motion passed (4-0-1) (Student Advisory Vote – in favor).
Resident Speak Out (Agenda 4):
New Business (Agenda 5):
- RHCA Communications Plan – Ms. Boulle presented staff ideas for modifying the Association’s communications strategy. This includes making improvements to the website, changing to a commercial listserv e.g., Constant Contact, launching the Association’s Facebook page, and transitioning from a printed and online newsletter to a combination of print and electronic newsletters. The Board requested more data on newsletter income and expenses and cost saving measures, website costs, and staff time estimates.
- B. Free Use Request – Mr. Miceli made a motion to approve the free use requests for the Pointers Run and Pheasant Ridge Swim Teams on June 14 and 15, 4:30 – 6 p.m. Mr. Wu seconded the motion. The motion passed (5-0-1). (Student Advisory Vote – in favor).
Old Business (Agenda 6):
- CA FY12/14 Budget – The Board discussed Ms. Smith’s suggestions for the Budget Testimony. It was the consensus of the Board to include statements regarding the Assessment Share Model, the Property Standards Evaluator Program (as viewed from public areas), the need for a parking area immediately adjacent to Claret Hall, and a replacement copier (Category III funding). Ms. Smith will draft and circulate. Ms. Smith recommended that a Board Member present the testimony.
- Community Association Allocation Formula – Ms. Smith explained that the Village Managers had met with representatives from the ERC and are working as a group to provide comments and revisions. The ERC is expected to meet with the Village Boards in February. The Board discussed the need for the model to examine efficiency of usage and operation. It was the consensus of the Board that there is no single model for the villages and there need to be incentives so village staffs improve operations. Mr. Marks will draft points for review by the Board.
Reports (Agenda 7):
- Covenant Advisor – Written only. A copy of the December 2011 Report is on file with the original minutes.
- Village Manager –In light of staffing changes and for budgeting purposes, it was the consensus of the Board to hold a special meeting on January 30, 2012.
- Board Chairperson – None.
- Council Representative – None.
- Liaisons – None.
Board Speak Out (Agenda 9):
Adjournment (Agenda 10):
Mr. Wettstein made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 9:12 p.m. Mr. Marks seconded the motion. The motion passed (6-0-0).
Minutes submitted by: Susan M. Smith, Village Manager
Minutes Approved: January 30,2012 (4-0-0)