An Exterior Alteration Application will be required for the following:
- Removal of any tree whose trunk is over 20 inches in circumference (approximately 7 inches in diameter) when measured at a point 2 feet above the ground, whether the tree is alive or presumed dead.
- Any plantings with four or more plants in a row or used as a hedge or windbreak or for screening purposes whether in a row or not. See GUIDELINE NO.17- FENCING and GUIDELINE No. 47 – SCREENING.
- Planting of more than one tree specimen.
- Relocation (replanting) of trees.
Application must include:
- Property plot/site plan showing the exact location(s) and number of tree(s) to be removed or added.
Note: Applications without a diagramed plot/plat plan will not be accepted.
- Indication of reason for tree removal or addition.
- Indicate height of tree at time of planting.
- Indicated tree type, name, and height at maturity, for tree additon or replacement.
Your application will most likely be approved if it meets the following criteria:
- You submit a completed application.
- You stagger plantings of more than 2 trees.
- Opaque plantings of trees are not used along property lines as delineation or planted in a row.
- Stumps are removed or dissolved if large trees are removed.