An Exterior Alteration Application must be submitted for storm/screen windows and doors other than full view doors where door trim matches, exterior door, shutters, gutters and downspouts and front door molding.
Exterior Alteration Application Requirements
The application must include:
- Complete details of the style, color, size and location of the storm/screen windows and doors.
- Manufacturer’s drawing and/or photograph for all replacement storm/screen windows and doors.
Your application will most likely be approved if the following criteria are met:
- The doors or windows are of straight forward design without bars, cross-hatching, filigree, or decorative embellishments.
- The storm door is compatible with the house style.
- Storm doors match the color of the house siding, exterior door or trim.
NOTE: Townhouse and condominium associations may have further restrictions on storm/screen windows and doors so please check with your local association. The most restrictive guidelines will apply.