An Exterior Alteration Application must be submitted for all free standing Solar Collectors.
Application must include:
- Submit a site (plot) plan.
Note: Applications without a diagramed plot/plat plan will not be accepted.
- Elevation drawings of the house showing the appearance of the collector, collector panel size and number of panels to be installed.
Your application will most likely be approved if it meets the following criteria:
- Permanent location of the solar structure is within the rear sightlines of the house; and this has been indicated on the plat plan.
- Dimensions of the solar structure are provided.
- The distances of the solar structure from the house, side property line and rear property line have been drawn on the plot plan.
- Dimensions and materials of the platform on which the solar structure will be mounted have been described.
- Description of the plant material to be used for screening (deciduous or evergreen), to include the height of the plant screening material at installation and heights of plant material at maturity has been included.
- The exact location/placement of plant material to be used for screening has been indicated.