An Exterior Alteration Application must be submitted for all Solar Panels.
Application must include:
- A site plot/plan.
Note: Applications without a diagramed plot/plat plan will not be accepted.
- Elevations of the house showing the appearance of the collector, collector panel size and number of panels to be installed.
- Material and color of the collectors.
- Details of how the collector edges will meet the roof.
- Materials and a manufacturer’s drawing and/or photograph.
- Description of where the inverter will be located.
- Describe the location and placement of the conduits, electric panel and utility meter, as applicable.
Your application will most likely be approved if it meets the following criteria:
- Collectors should be located to give maximum advantage.
- Large collectors on a sloping roof should appear to be flush with the roof and not lying on top.
- All trim should be painted to match the background color of the roof or house trim.
- All pipe work should be concealed.