An Exterior Alteration Application will be required for skylights and or tubular skylights.
Applications must include:
- A plot/plat plan indicating the location of the skylight.
Note: Applications without a diagramed plot/plat plan will not be accepted.
- An elevation view of roof with skylight or tubular skylight.
- Information on all material to be used.
- Color of frame and trim.
Your application will most likely be approved if it meets the following criteria:
- The size and position of skylights on roof planes complement the overall design of the home.
- Skylights are made of clear materials, such as acrylic, glass, Lexan, fiberglass or thermalized glass (acrylic).
- The location will not result in undue outside reflection during the day and night.
- Skylight is self-flashing (has its own aluminum mount).