https://www.villageofriverhill.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/SiteHeaderx807.png 0 0 Kayle Simon https://www.villageofriverhill.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/SiteHeaderx807.png Kayle Simon2015-05-11 06:38:052022-12-17 15:15:31Guideline No. 51b – Temporary Garage Sale and Temporary Contractor Signs
Guideline No. 51b – Temporary Garage Sale and Temporary Contractor Signs
An Exterior Alteration Application need not be submitted for temporary signs such as garage sale signs, or signs advertising contracted work being done on the property, if ALL the following applicable criteria are met:
- The sign is in compliance with the Howard County Sign Ordinance.
- The sign is not larger than 20 inches by 28 inches and does not stand more than 3 feet above the ground when measured from the top of the sign or post, whichever is higher.
- Contractors using their logos, trademarks and other color schemes do not post more than one sign per lot.
- Signs are not posted on trees, light poles, street signs or official neighborhood identification or on neighborhood watch signs.
- No more than one temporary sign is on any property.
- Signs are neatly lettered, clean and maintained in good condition.
- Garage sale signs are posted no more than 24 hours in advance of the sale and are removed at the end of the sale day.
- Signs advertising contracted work being done on a property are posted for no more than 30 days. These signs must be removed upon completion of the project.
- The sign does not interfere with vehicular or pedestrian traffic, obstruct traffic sight lines, or otherwise impair safety.
- The sign is at least 20 feet from the adjacent curb or street.