An Exterior Alteration Application will be required for all exterior security cameras.
Application must include:
- A site (plot) plan showing the location.
Note: Applications without a diagramed plot/plat plan will not be accepted.
- Aim and reach area of camera.
- Style, size, scope (range), number of proposed cameras.
- Describe the impact on neighboring properties.
- Manufacturer’s drawing.
- Photograph, if available.
Your application will most likely be approved if it meets the following criteria:
- Consideration is given to the impact on neighboring properties.
- The cameras are carefully aimed so that they COVER only a specific area which is totally trained on your own property.
- The camera surveys only a specific area which is totally within the applicant’s property and not where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy.
- Number (amount) of security cameras is reasonable to the size and scale of the property.
- Cameras do not detract from the residence’s appearance or the residential look of the neighborhood.
- All camera equipment should be inconspicuous or painted to match the color of the surface to which they are attached.
NOTE: Exterior Alterations of this type must be considered more carefully because of the impact on neighboring properties.