An Exterior Alteration Application must be submitted for residing, reroofing, or restyling if it will be a color or material change. A “change” in house color includes any variations in shade, lighter or darker, from the original builder-approved and applied color as well as the addition of stone or masonry trim.
The application must include:
- Diagrammed (plot) plan. Note: Applications without a diagrammed plot plan will not be accepted.
- Sample of the proposed new siding or shingle.
- Plans for addition of any masonry or stone.
- Plans for roof with sample of the color.
Your application will most likely be approved if the following criteria are met:
- Samples of all colors selected are provided. The number of colors used should be limited to one for siding, one for trim, with a compatible accent door color.
- Care is taken to complement the roof color.
- Proposed colors are medium to dark or earth tone colors.
- Trim should remain close to, but not lighter than, house siding color.
- The colors do not duplicate colors used on neighboring homes.
- Foundation painting matches or blends with the color of the siding.
NOTE: Residing with aluminum or vinyl should follow the same color guidelines as for house repainting. An actual sample is required. Horizontal siding is preferred. Window and door trim should remain contemporary in style.