An Exterior Alteration Application is required for all radon mitigation systems/units where exhaust pipes etc. must be located in the front of the home or above the roof line.
Application must include:
- A site (plot) plan including the exact location of the radon unit.
Note: Applications without a diagramed plot/plat plan will not be accepted.
- A manufacturer’s drawing and/or photograph if available.
- A description of the type of screening. See GUIDELINE No. 47- SCREENING.
Your application will most likely be approved if the following criteria are met:
- A completed application is submitted.
- A screening plan is provided. See GUIDELINE No.47- SCREENING.
Approval not required
An Exterior Alteration Application for exterior radon units will not be needed if the following criteria are met:
- The exhaust pipe is located alongside a downspout and painted the color of the downspout.
- The unit is placed vertically on the side of the house and painted to match the siding.
- The unit is located along the rear or side of the house and is of a size that does not require screening.