An Exterior Alteration Application is required for all radon mitigation systems/units where exhaust pipes etc. must be located in the front of the home or above the roofline.
Exterior Alteration Application Requirements
The application must include:
- Diagrammed plot plan including the exact location of the radon unit. Note: Applications without a diagrammed plot plan will not be accepted.
- Manufacturer’s drawing and/or photograph if available.
- Description of the type of screening. See GUIDELINE No.47—SCREENING.
Your application will most likely be approved if the following criteria are met:
- A completed application is submitted.
- A screening plan is provided. See GUIDELINE No.47—SCREENING.
Approval Not Required
An application for exterior radon units will not be needed if the following criteria are met:
- The exhaust pipe is located alongside a downspout and painted the color of the downspout.
- The unit is placed vertically on the side of the house and painted to match the siding.
- The unit is located along the rear or side of the house and is of a size that does not require screening.