An Exterior Alteration Application must be submitted for any repainting or staining which will be a color change; or any request for staining of fence or deck.
The application must include:
- A site (plot) plan.
Note: Applications without a diagramed plot/plat plan will not be accepted.
- A sample of the proposed new siding.
- Samples of all colors selected.
Your application will most likely be approved if your application meets the following criteria:
- The number of colors used is limited to one for siding, one for trim, and a compatible accent door color.
- The garage door color matches either the siding or trim.
- The proposed changes complement the roof color.
- Medium to dark earth tone colors (browns, grays, tans) are used where applicable.
- Bright or pastel colors are not used.
- “Flat” finish paint or stain is used.
- Semi-gloss paint is used only on front doors.
- Trim is close to, but not lighter than, house siding color.
- The color of the foundation paint matches or blends with the color of the siding.
NOTE: A change in the color of one’s residence, which includes any variations in shade, lighter or darker, from the original builder-approved and applied color as well as the addition of stone or masonry trim, is an alteration which can have a dramatic impact on the neighborhood. The RHAC will take this into consideration when approving a color change.