An Exterior Alteration Application must be submitted for all changes to outside light fixtures and for additional exterior lights including spotlights.
Application must include:
- A site (plot) plan showing the location of the exterior light placement.
Note: Applications without a diagramed plot plan will not be accepted.
- A statement as to the architectural style of the home and the proposed lighting.
- The style, size, and wattage of proposed light fixtures.
- Manufacturer’s drawing and/or photograph.
Your application will most likely be approved if the following criteria are met:
- Exterior lighting does not illuminate adjacent property or public open space.
- Placement of lighting is not intrusive to surrounding properties.
- Exterior lighting is aesthetically planned for the location.
NOTE: The RHAC, upon receipt of a complaint that a light from a neighboring property is disturbing them, shall require that the resident with the light adjust it, if the RHAC deems this necessary. Breaking ground – It is recommended that before any digging is initiated the applicant call “Miss Utility” (1-800-257-7777) for existing locations of utilities.