An Exterior Alteration Application must be submitted for all changes to outside light fixtures and for additional exterior lights including spotlights.
Exterior Alteration Application Requirements
The application must include:
- Diagrammed plot plan showing the location of the exterior light placement. Note: Applications without a diagrammed plot plan will not be accepted.
- Statement as to the architectural style of the home and the proposed lighting.
- The style, size, and wattage of proposed light fixtures.
- Manufacturer’s drawing and/or photograph.
- Your application will most likely be approved if the following criteria are met:
- Exterior lighting does not illuminate adjacent property or public open space.
- Placement of lighting is not intrusive to surrounding properties.
- Exterior lighting is aesthetically planned for the location.
NOTE: The RHAC, upon receipt of a complaint that a light from a neighboring property is disturbing them, shall require that the resident with the light adjust it, if the RHAC deems this necessary.
Breaking Ground? It is recommended that before any digging is initiated the applicant call “Miss Utility” (l-800-257-7777) for existing locations of utilities.