Low impact landscaping is resource-conserving and environmentally friendly landscape design and maintenance practices; including Pollinator, Rain Gardens, Xeriscape, and Ground Cover. See GUIDELINE No.28c—GROUND COVER.
An Exterior Alteration Application shall be required for low impact landscaping for consideration by the RHAC.
Exterior Alteration Application Requirements
The application must include:
- Diagrammed plot plan outlining the proposed garden/ landscaping area. Note: Applications without a diagrammed plot plan will not be accepted.
- Submission of a landscape design plan to include Low Impact Landscape type, listing of Maryland native plants to be utilized, including the placement and number. A description of other materials to be used, including but not limited to hardscape.
- Irrigation plan, if applicable.
- Submission of photos of adjacent lots if the project will be placed in the front yard.
- Identification of ground cover and methods used to prevent the spread of non-invasive ground cover. Invasive plants and/or invasive Ground Cover as defined by the University of Maryland Extension Service are not permitted.
- Ability to adhere to GUIDELINE No. 31—MAINTENANCE, to include weeding, pruning, cutting back and or replacement of plantings as seasonally appropriate.
- Identification of any existing landscaping.