An Exterior Alteration Application is required for all house numbers that are not Arabic numerals in plain, block style or numbers are not black in color or the numbers are less than 3 inches or larger than 5 inches in height or the numbers are on a plaque.
The application must include:
- A site plan (plot) showing the proposed location of the numbers.
Note: Applications without a diagramed plot plan will not be accepted.
- A detailed drawing or picture of the proposed installation with color, materials, size and style of numbers indicated.
- Any additional information that might be helpful in the review of the application.
- Color and materials.
- Size and style of numbers indicated.
- Size and color of plaque and numbers.
- Any exterior lighting changes.
Your application will most likely be approved if the following criteria are met:
- Numerals on plaques are clearly visible.
- Numerals on plaques face the street named in an address.
- Numerals on plaques are clearly visible from the street.
- Numerals or plaques are attached to the front porch, front door trim, garage trim, or within three (3) feet of the front door.
No Approval Required
An application will not be required if the following criteria are met:
- Numerals are Arabic numerals, in plain, block style.
- The color of the numerals is black.
- Numerals are at least 3 inches high and no larger than 5 inches high.
- Numerals face the street named in an address.
- Numerals are clearly visible from the street.
- Numerals are attached to the front porch, front door trim, garage trim, or within three (3) feet of the front door.
The number is not on a plaque.