An Exterior Alteration Application must be submitted for all hot tubs and whirlpools.
Exterior Alteration Application Requirements
The application must include:
- Diagrammed plot plan showing the location of the hot tub in relation to the applicant’s house, property lines, and adjacent dwellings. Note: Applications without a diagrammed plot plan will not be accepted.
- Dimensions, type, and color of proposed materials.
- Manufacturer’s drawing and/or photograph, if available.
- Include details of proposed screening. See GUIDELINE No.47—SCREENING.
Hot tubs and whirlpools will most likely be approved if the following criteria are met:
- The tub does not create a substantial acoustical or visual impact on adjacent property owners.
- The hot tub will be located in the rear yard within the side sight lines of the residence, and not more than 20 feet from the back of the house.
- The hot tub does not protrude more than 3 feet above the adjacent ground or deck level and is made of material that will blend with surrounding structures.
- Additional screening with fences and landscape buffers such as shrubs are proposed to reduce the impact on adjacent property owners if necessary. See GUIDELINE No.47—SCREENING.
- The hot tub or whirlpool is proportional to the Lot and other exterior structures.
NOTE: Hot tub, whirlpool and fencing requested for townhouse or condominium property will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.