An Exterior Alteration Application must be submitted for new exterior heating and air conditioning units including relocation of equipment and apparatus used with same.
The application must include:
- A site (plot) plan showing the location of the unit and any related equipment.
Note: Applications without a diagramed plot plan will not be accepted.
- A description of all equipment with dimensions.
- A manufacturer’s drawing and/or photograph, if available.
New units will most likely be approved if the following criteria are met:
- Units are screened from the street while allowing proper airflow. See GUIDELINE No.47- SCREENING.
- Units are located as close to the rear of the house as possible.
- Placement and or size will not create a substantial acoustical or visual impact on adjacent property owners and not violate the criteria established in the Final Development Plans (FDP) if the unit is being relocated.
- Units are not window or wall mounted air conditioners. These requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.