An Exterior Alteration Application must be submitted for all permanent grills and barbecues.
The applications must include:
- Diagrammed (plot) plan showing the location of the proposed grill.
Note: Applications without a diagrammed plot plan will not be accepted.
- Scale drawing of the grill or barbecue.
- Description of materials to be used for the grill or barbecue.
- All measurements of the grill or barbecue.
- Manufacturers’ drawing and or photograph if available.
- Information about additional lighting or other exterior alterations.
The application will most likely be approved if the following criteria are met:
- The permanent grill or barbecue is located behind the house at least 10 feet from the rear and side property lines.
- The materials are compatible with the houses and are not so large as to dominate the space.
- Are permanently installed on a concrete base (if a gas grill) and located at least 10 feet from the rear property line, at least 7 feet from the side property line, behind the rear of the house, and within 15 feet of the rear of the house.