An Exterior Alteration Application must be submitted for all gazebos and pergolas.
The application must include:
- A site (plot) plan, detailed plan, and elevation drawings.
Note: Applications without a diagramed plot plan will not be accepted.
- Details on the size and elevation of the gazebo or pergola.
- Details of all materials to be used.
- A description of roof (to include, size, pitch, material, color).
- A description of any treatment to be applied to the materials.
- A description of any trees and or plantings to be removed for the construction of the gazebo or pergola.
- A description of any equipment such as meters or heating and air conditioning sources that will be relocated and added.
- A description of proposed installation of and/or changes in exterior lighting.
- A description of proposed landscaping or screening. See GUIDELINE No. 28-LANDSCAPING and GUIDELINE No. 47-SCREENING.
Your application will most likely be approved if the following criteria are met:
- Gazebos and pergolas are located at the rear of the property and constructed of durable materials.
- Gazebos and pergolas are within the sightlines of the house.
- All visible portions are natural wood, painted, or stained.
- The location of the gazebo or pergola does not significantly impair the view or amount of sunlight to adjacent residences.
- The location of the gazebo or pergola does not significantly impair the publics use or enjoyment of open space.
- The size and scale of the gazebo or pergola is in scale relative to the house, lot size, surrounding houses, properties, and open space.
NOTE: Gazebos and pergolas will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.