An Exterior Alteration Application must be submitted for all gazebos and pergolas.
Exterior Alteration Application Requirements
The application must include:
- Diagrammed plot plan, showing the location of the gazebo or pergola. Note: Applications without a diagrammed plot plan will not be accepted.
- Details on the size and elevation of the gazebo or pergola.
- Details of all materials to be used.
- Description of roof (to include, size, pitch, material, color).
- Description of any treatment to be applied to the materials.
- Description of any trees and or plantings to be removed for the construction of the gazebo or pergola.
- Description of any equipment such as meters or heating and air conditioning sources that will be relocated and added.
- Description of proposed installation of and/or changes in exterior lighting.
- Description of proposed landscaping or screening. See GUIDELINE No.28a—LANDSCAPING, GUIDELINE No.28b—LOW IMPACT LANDSCAPING, GUIDELINE No.28c—GROUND COVER, and GUIDELINE No.47—SCREENING.
Your application will most likely be approved if the following criteria are met:
- Gazebos and pergolas are located at the rear of the property and constructed of durable materials.
- Gazebos and pergolas are within the sightlines of the house.
- All visible portions are natural wood, painted, or stained.
- The location of the gazebo or pergola does not significantly impair the view or amount of sunlight to adjacent residences.
- The location of the gazebo or pergola does not significantly impair the public’s use or enjoyment of open space.
- The size and scale of the gazebo or pergola is in scale relative to the house, lot size, surrounding houses, properties, and open space.
NOTE: Gazebos and pergolas will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.