https://www.villageofriverhill.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/SiteHeaderx807.png 0 0 Kayle Simon https://www.villageofriverhill.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/SiteHeaderx807.png Kayle Simon2015-07-11 16:19:352022-12-16 15:38:03Guideline No. 20b – Gardens: Rock
Guideline No. 20b – Gardens: Rock
A rock garden, also known as a rockery or an alpine garden, is a small field or plot of ground with or without water features designed to emphasize a variety of rocks, stones, and boulders. A rock garden should be planned to use a variety of native plants to create a haven for butterflies and other beneficial insects. An Exterior Alteration Application is required for all rock gardens, for consideration by the RHAC.
Exterior Alteration Application Requirements
An examination of the applications will be based on the following criteria:
- Diagrammed plot plan showing the exact location and specific dimensions of the garden, is required. Note: Applications without a diagrammed plot plan will not be accepted.
- A design plan or diagram with placement of all rock and/or plant material.
- A description of the type, size, color, and amount of rock material to be used.
- If applicable, a description of planting materials to be used, including height at maturity.
- If applicable, a description of water feature (including bird baths) size, dimension, and materials to be used, including any grade change information.
- Determination that the garden is not placed on a grade that may lead to soil erosion or property damage.
Your application will most likely be approved if the following criteria are met:
- Garden is not placed on a grade that may lead to soil erosion or property damage.
- All water feature information is included with any grade change information.