An Exterior Alteration Application must be submitted for all Awnings and Sun Trellises.
The application must include:
- Plot plan diagramed and labeled with the placement of the alteration in relation to the house
Note: Applications without a diagramed plot plan will not be accepted.
- All pertinent dimensions/measurements.
- Method of attachment (where) applicable.
- A description of materials, including type and color of siding material, roof material, trim material, lighting fixtures, and windows.
- Samples, brochures, and/or manufacturer’s pictures of the proposed materials, colors, etc.
- Pitch of new roof (if applicable).
- Lighting plans (if applicable) with description, bulb type, and wattage.
- A description of any planned relocation or removal of existing items/structures (i.e. trees, landscaping).
Your Exterior Alteration Application will most likely be approved if you meet the following conditions:
- The style, color, materials, size and proportion complements the architectural character and existing color scheme of the house.
- Proposed awnings are wood or cloth.
- Awnings are not metal (including aluminum) or fiberglass. These awnings are NOT ALLOWED.
- Awnings are straight forward design, of a solid, natural color, and without embellishments such as fringes, contrast trim, etc. Awnings with very little or no visual impact may have stripes that are natural in color or that complement the house and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Awnings do not significantly impair the view, amount of sunlight, or ventilation of adjacent residences or the public’s use or enjoyment of open space.
Note: If awnings are to be removed after installation, the pipe frames must be removed and any necessary repairs must be made.