An Exterior Alteration Application must be submitted for all attic fans.
The application must include:
- A diagramed plot plan, showing the location of the attic fan.
Note: Applications without a diagramed plot plan will not be accepted.
- Dimensions, color, style of fan.
- Description of the material and/ or manufacturer’s drawing.
Your Exterior Alteration Application will most likely be approved if you meet the following conditions:
- The style, color, materials, size, and proportion complement the architectural character and existing color scheme of the house.
- The attic fan is low profile.
- The fan is mounted on the least visible slope of the roof.
- The exhaust fan trim blends in with or matches the roof color.