An Exterior Alteration Application must be submitted for:
- Satellite dishes that are one meter (39 inches) or more in diameter,
- All satellite dish antennas (regardless of size) that are mounted on a pole exceeding 12 feet in height,
- All broadcast service antennas exceeding 12 feet in height.
The application must include:
- Plot plan diagramed and labeled with the new location of the alteration.
Note: Applications without a diagramed plot plan will not be accepted.
- Description of the satellite dish or antenna size and material.
- Landscaping plan for screening. See GUIDELINE No. 47-SCREENING.
Your Exterior Alteration Application will most likely be approved if you meet the following conditions:
- The antenna is installed in the least visible location on the lot that will not substantially degrade reception.
- The antenna is placed so as to blend in with the surroundings. Possible locations include rear deck floor, rear section of the roof, adjacent to chimneys, and rear yards.
- Cables and wires associated with the installation of a dish are secure and in the least visible location.
- The type and dimensions of screening plants, shrubs etc. at maturity are provided.
NOTE: Applications for antennas and satellite dishes will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis as screening and painting of antenna poles may be required. The following factors will also be taken into consideration:1) size and visibility from adjoining properties and from the street, 2) screening for satellite dishes installed on the ground. Screening should shield the dish from the view of other properties. Screening with landscaping /or fencing increases the likelihood of application approval. An application is required for screening. See GUIDELINE No.47-SCREENING for relevant criteria.