In June, the Association’s Board of Directors chartered a new committee to focus on development matters impacting the community. The River Hill Development Advisory Committee (RHDAC) has been established to advise the Board of Directors and:
• Promote development that seeks to create a stronger sense of community and enhance community relationships;
• Minimize the negative impacts of development and re-development on the community;
• Improve pedestrian and bike accessibility;
• Promote environmental sustainability;
• Enhance public awareness of development matters, and
• Improve traffic and public safety.
Current Board Members Dave Clark and Will McCullough will serve on the inaugural committee. The RHDAC will be comprised of a chairperson and up to six members from the community who will be appointed by the Board of Directors. Mr. McCullough will serve as the Committee Chairperson. All members must be River Hill residents and/or property owners or must work full-time on Columbia Association assessed property in the Village of River Hill. Members of the community who are interested in serving on the RHDAC should contact the village manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-531-1749 for details.