Columbia Association’s (CA) Aquatics team has gotten the green light to open 15 neighborhood pools this summer, and they’re definitely excited for the return of everyone’s favorite summer pastime in the Columbia community. Although pools will be open, your outdoor pool experience will be a little different this year compared to years past. CA continues to adjust their health and safety measures based on local, state and national mandates related to COVID-19. While the aquatics team is finalizing the details, please keep in mind that those rules could change as we get closer to Memorial Day weekend.
Here are five things you can do to start preparing for a safe (and fun) summer swim season:
1. To see what pools are opening near you, visit www. ColumbiaAssociation.org and take a look at the map that shows the pool locations. There’s also a Google Map with all 15 facilities and their addresses so you know how long it will take to walk, bike or drive to your neighborhood pool.
2. Make sure your Spectrum NG account with CA is up to date with your current contact information, especially email. Online reservations will be an important way they enforce county and state capacity restrictions. Don’t have an account? Contact the Customer and Member Service Center at CMSC@ColumbiaAssociation.org or 410-715-3000.
3. Check your membership and Columbia Card status. Members and Columbia Card holders will get the opportunity to book time slots at their neighborhood pool in advance. If you’re interested in membership information or a Columbia Card, talk to a Facility Membership team member at your favorite CA location or call 410-730-1801.
4. Take advantage of CA’s indoor aquatics facilities while you wait for summer to arrive. Our pools follow strict health guidelines and sanitation practices, so it’s a great way to safely get out of the house (and familiarize yourself with the online reservation system).
5. Encourage your friends and neighbors to sign up for the CA Swim newsletter so everyone is in the loop with the latest pool information. You can also follow CA Swim on Facebook and Twitter for updates.
Check back regularly at www.ColumbiaAssociation.org/Pools for details on the 2021 outdoor pool season.