Association Considers Amending By-Laws
The River Hill Community Association (RHCA) annually holds a meeting of members in April to elect Directors and conduct other business that is within its powers. This year, Village Elections will be held on Saturday, April 29, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Claret Hall. In addition to electing Directors and a Council Representative, the Association will consider amendments to the RHCA by-laws to:
• enable electronical voting; and
• remove the restriction that prevents members from voting in person when another member from the residence is voting by absentee ballot.
The proposed changes are:
1. Add to Section 1.07A. Votes to be Cast in Person: A member unable to attend a meeting at which Directors of the Association are to be elected or at which a Representative to the Columbia Council is to be elected, may also vote online using procedures established by the Board of Directors and/or the Election Committee.
2. Add to Section 8.07. Absentee Ballots: A member may also cast one absentee ballot following the online procedures established by the Board of Directors and/or Election Committee.
3. Delete from Section 8:07. Absentee Ballots: The absentee ballot will contain a detachable statement signed by the member certifying that he will be unable to cast his ballot at the designated polling place and that no other member of his residence will cast a ballot at the polling place.
For more information, contact the Village Manager at 410-531-1749 or email@example.com.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!